You may provide information to us when you visit our websites (the site where this policy is posted including any subdomains or mobile versions, the “Site”), or use one of our mobile applications (each, the “Mobile App”). We may refer to the Mobile App and Site, as the “Service(s)”.
Summary of Data Collection*
|Feature||Data we typically collect||How we typically use that data|
|Registration process and through your participation in programs offered through the Services||Name, birthdate, email, address, contact information (such as phone number) and other information you share||To provide and improve our Service and comply with laws, and other similar uses.|
|Contests, sweepstakes, and promotions||Varies by contest; typically name, contact information, participation information relating to the specific program or challenge relevant to the promotion.||To administer the contest, sweepstakes, or promotion, including winner notification and prize delivery confirmation.|
|Newsletters and emails||Email address and other Personal Data required by the online form.||Administer newsletter and to provide you with relevant communications regarding features or programs that may be of interest to you.|
|Contact us||Typically your name, email address and phone number.||Used in the context of your request/inquiry.|
|Automatic collection/cookies||IP address, cookies, web beacons, ISP, browser version, other similar information.||Aggregated information used to improve the Service including Site appearance and Site as well as to analyze Site traffic patterns.|
*This summary is for your convenience and may be incomplete. For full details, see “Information we collect and how we use it” below.
Summary of data sharing*
|To other users||You may disclose Personal Data to other users through our messaging service, or through your use of our profile pages and other features.|
|Aggregate/anonymized information||We may derive and share analytics and other information from the information you provide, but that cannot be reasonably used to identify you.|
*This summary is for your convenience and may be incomplete. For full details, see “Information sharing & disclosure” below.
Applicability; Additional terms
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect personal and other information about you when you use our Service, as described below. “Personal Data” is information which can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as their name, a federal or state ID number, email address, etc. whether used alone, or when combined with other personal or identifying information which is linked or linkable to a specific individual.
– As a registered user of our Service(s): We collect personal information during the account creation process such as your name, date of birth, email address, and information such as city, state, zip code, and country.
– Challenges, contests, sweepstakes & promotions: We may operate challenges, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) through our Service, which may require registration on our Service in order to enter. Your participation in a Promotion confirms your authorization of EuclidIQ to collect and disclose any Personal Data that may be required by the sponsor to support your participation in the Promotion.
Your personal information may be used by us to contact you for winner notification, or prize delivery confirmation. If you participate in a Promotion, your acceptance of a prize or incentive may require you (unless prohibited by law) to allow us to post publicly some of your Personal Data on our Service or elsewhere, such as on a winner’s page. In some instances, a sponsor may operate or host a Promotion on the Service together with us, and collect your information.
– If you sign up for our newsletters or emails or other communications: We may offer newsletters and other communications that provide information about our products, developments, research, and other matters. By providing your email address and any other Personal Data required by the online form, or by registering on the Site, you consent to our collection of this information and to receive these communications from us. We use this information primarily to administer and manage our newsletter subscriptions and to provide you with additional communications, offers, or newsletters we believe will interest you, or that you have consented to receive. You may receive emails from partners or other third party organizations directly associated with your use of the Services. Please contact those third parties for information on how to unsubscribe from third-party communications.
– If you contact us through our Service: You may contact us, using a form or feature available on our Service (such as live chat or help desk) or via email with questions about our Service or other matters. If you contact us through our Service, we will collect the Personal Data you voluntarily provide on the applicable form (typically your name, email address and phone number) or otherwise. Any information you provide through our Service will be used in the context of resolving your request or answering your inquiry, or to provide additional information related to that inquiry, and we may place you on our contact list for information related to your inquiry or other service that we provide.
– Information sent to us by your web browser: We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
An “IP address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. It is used to identify your computer’s “location” on the internet so that the information you request can be delivered to you. If you use a connection that assigns dynamic IP addresses, your computer will be assigned a new IP address each time you connect to the Internet. If, however, your computer is permanently connected to the Internet using a static IP address, the IP address assigned to your computer will generally be the same each time you use your computer.
We may also provide your IP address to our third-party service providers who can use it to identify your state and zip code. This gives us valuable demographic information about the individuals who use our Service. In addition, if, we suspect fraud or a threat to the security of our Service, we may share our server logs—which contain users’ IP addresses—with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
Please note, most modern browsers include a “do not track” feature that may help protect your privacy. Our Service does not respond to your browser’s do-not-track request at this time.
– As described in a privacy notice or click-through agreement: We reserve the right to collect and use your Personal Data as described in any supplemental privacy notice posted and where you provide personal information, or as provided in any “click-through” agreement between you and us.
Information sharing & disclosure
Public information: Some of the information you provide when you register will be visible to other people using the Service. Accordingly, you should have no expectation of privacy in the information you post to the public areas of the Service.
Promotion sponsors & partners: Users may have the ability to participate in Promotions, as described above. If you elect to participate in a contest being sponsored a third party, we will communicate your information to them as needed to confirm your participation, as well as your achievement of any milestone that applies to that contest.
Aggregate Information: We may provide third parties with information about you and other users from which we have removed all identifiers and that can no longer be used to identify you (“Aggregate Information”). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Service and the features they used or Promotions they entered when using our Service. We may not limit the third parties’ use of the Aggregate Information, except that we require third parties to whom we disclose Aggregate Information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable by combining it with other databases.
Third–party vendors: We may, without your consent, share Personal Data collected through our Service with third-party vendors who act for or on our behalf in providing the Service. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their functions. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of Personal Data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EUUS Privacy Shield, EuclidIQ is potentially liable.
As described in a privacy notice or click-through agreement: We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data as described in any privacy notice or click-through agreement posted on a page of our Service where you provide that information. By providing your Personal Data on that page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Data as described in that privacy notice.
In general: We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data. Discussed above are choices you have about delivery of cookies to your computer through our Service. In addition, we will sometimes ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your Personal Data. For example, we provide you with an opportunity to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving certain communications from us. In addition, we will include an “unsubscribe” link in each electronic newsletter or promotional e-mail we send you, so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future. Please note, if you do not wish for us to provide certain information to one or more of our commercial service providers, you may not use the Service.
Previously expressed preferences: You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your Personal Data. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please contact us. Please provide your full name, postal address and e-mail address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested.
Steps we take to safeguard your Personal Data
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data you provide us, based on nature of the information provided. Unfortunately, no Web site, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that Personal Data you provide will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13. Except when collection is expressly allowed under COPPA or if the information has been provided by a parent, we will promptly delete any Personal Data we possess about children under the age of 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected information outside these contexts, please contact us at the address below.
EU-US Privacy Shield
The U.S. Department of Commerce has jurisdiction over EuclidIQ’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
EuclidIQ is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Euclid Discoveries, LLC.
30 Monument Square
Concord, MA 01742-1896
Attn: Privacy Agent
email us at support@EuclidIQ.com.
EuclidIQ has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Limitation of liability
By providing us with any Personal Data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless EuclidIQ, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and their respective shareholders, owners, users, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personal Data. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third-party companies from making unauthorized use of your Personal Data, we cannot be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your Personal Data collected by those third parties.
Changes to this policy
Euclid Discoveries, LLC.
30 Monument Square
Concord, MA 01742-1896