The example videos below show how the Rithm Transcoder is able to decrease bitrate at smaller resolutions. The videos have 512×288 frame sizes with bitrates between 225 Kbps and 270 Kbps and were run with the quality setting of 3.7. The Rithm Transcoder enables you to reach customers that have very restricted bandwidth requirements.
Here is an example of a 4K video transcoded to 1080p. Amazon Elastic Transcoder is on the left with a bitrate of 6.8 Mbps. Rithm AI Cloud Transcoder is on the right using a MOSp of 3.65 and with a bitrate of 2.8 Mbps. The Rithm transcoder reviewed the video and assigned a lower bitrate for the same quality resulting in a 59% bandwidth reduction.
Rithm 2.77 Megabits/s vs AWS 6.88 Megabits/s
The video on the left was encoded by Amazon Elastic Transcoder at 5.8 Mbps. The video on the right was encoded by Rithm AI Cloud Transcoder at 3.8 Mbps. The Rithm transcoder reviewed the video and assigned a lower bitrate for the same quality resulting in a 42% bandwidth reduction. See if you can tell the difference.
Rithm 3.80 Megabits/s vs AWS 5.80 Megabits/s
Optimizes Processing In and Out of the Encoder to Maximize Bandwidth Savings and Quality
Outside the encoder utilizes content-adaptive encoding (segment level):
– Optimizes bitrate pre-encoding for desired quality level on a per-segment basis
– Models video quality by tuning underlying statistics to actual human subjective test data
– Uses MOS predictor metric within our algorithm to provide the most accurate level of quality
Inside the encoder uses patented Perceptual Quality Optimization technology (frame level):
– Uses AI to mimic the human visual system and adapt encoding based on complexity of the video
– Uses spatial optimization that takes the entire frame into account and allocates more bits on areas most noticeable to viewer